Location: Saco, ME
Hours: First Shift
Summary: Responsible for assisting Engineering department with testing, evaluating, solutions and improvements to products and processes.
Reports to: Head Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incoming and outgoing
quality assurance under direction of QA Manager or Head Engineer
- Assist in design/development
of new and existing products
- Review, document and
recommend improvements to existing manufacturing processes
- Data collection to help
maintain product development documentation
- Work with all divisions
in designing, maintaining and upgrading quality control systems
- Assume management
responsibility for assigned projects which may include engineering,
production, fabrication, and packaging.
Travel may be required
- Machine operation
- Machine set-ups in all
- Approval of
- Test-lab equipment
operation, maintenance and housekeeping of test area
- Rigging and splicing
- Analysis of products,
raw materials and rope breakdowns
- Physical and analytical
testing of yarns and finished products
- Define and document
process instructions for set-up and operation of equipment
- Define repeatable and
measurable process steps for Twist, Wind, Braid, Finish and Coating for
products being developed
- Two year technical degree in a science or related field, or experience in place of.
- Five years of laboratory and or technical experience, or experience in place of.
- Computer literacy and willingness to be trained on more advanced programs. Specific skills required in Excel, Access, and Word and general knowledge of CAD programs.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and communications skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 10 PTO Days
- 401k with match