Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Position: Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Location: Saco, Maine
Summary: Repairs and maintains mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment.
Hours: 2:00PM-10:30PM (Must be able to train on first shift)
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Troubleshoot machinery and make necessary repairs.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Overhaul machines and equipment.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, welder or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adheres to the safety policies of Yale Cordage, Inc.
Associates degree (A.A.); or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as detailed safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proven experience with all maintenance disciplines:
- -Electrical and electronic diagnostics
- -Machine Tools
- Mathematical Skills – ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Forklift certificate or ability to achieve certificate.
- Reasoning ability – ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 10 PTO Days
- 401k with match
- Profit Sharing