Sales Account Manager
Reports to: Sales Management
Specific Sales Needs:
- Heavy Industrial Lifting - Demonstrated experience in Heavy Lifting, Construction or Offshore Oil
- Electric Utility Construction and Maintenance - Knowledge and experience in Transmission and Distribution
- Territory Account Manager
- Prior Experience in Technical Sales or operations in any of the following markets will be helpful. Industrial, Arborist, Oceanographic, Logging, Construction
This position is responsible for the sales of the company’s products and services. The salesperson will develop and implement sales strategies and forecasts sales volumes for all customers within the assigned market or geographic areas. The salesperson will sell products to business and industrial establishments or individuals over the telephone, Internet or in person by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the safety policies of Yale Cordage, Inc.
- Work with Sales Management and Yale representatives to implement the sales strategy
- Participate in annual budgeting process including forecasting revenues and expenses
- Develops strategies for margin improvement and expanding Yale’s delivery network through assigning and training new distribution, as well as working with existing distribution
- Identifies key target accounts
- Identifies opportunities where Yale’s capabilities can introduce unique products and expand the size of the braided rope market. Capitalize on opportunities created by others
- Develop sale programs and assist in setting price plan.
- Travel to support trade shows, sales meetings, or customer activities. Select / schedule / plan / execute Yale’s display at selected trade shows
- Help in Customer Service day to day operations as required. Give direction to Customer Service as it relates to Market. Provide account support in other markets as directed
- Suggest direction for new product development. Work with Manufacturing and Scheduling to answer Customer’s questions. Prepare quotes / quote lead times / dialog with customers
- Travel in support of objectives – 50 to 100% of the time
- Initiate and follow-up with customers to sell or resolve problems, answer questions, correspondence and reports
- Prepares and presents proposals, quotes, and sales programs
- Performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions
- Attends sales seminars, sales meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, regulations in the market place
- Create awareness and demand for the company products and services. Identify potential re-seller needs and interests and effectively communicate benefits and opportunities available to meet needs and interests
- Maintain a reliable communications mechanism with internal personnel to ensure efforts are in line with objectives
- Call on prospective distributors, providing technical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations, and quotes appropriate customer prices.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Directly responsible for representatives within assigned territory
- Reports directly to the Sales Management
- Industry experience and sales experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s or Four-year degree and/or equivalent experience• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, documents, technical drawings and regulations
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and general public
- Skill and ability to meet people, listen and sell
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, markup and margins
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.