Traffic Associate I
Location: Saco, Maine
Summary: This position is responsible for shipping of goods. Participation of inventory control. Interface with Customer Service to expedite shipments
Reports to: Traffic Manager
- Coordinate and schedule shipments with UPS, LTL, Air, etc.
- Preparing necessary paperwork involved in each shipment.
- Identifies methods to provide cost savings to transportation needs.
- To have a working knowledge of each carrier that Yale Cordage has direct involvement with, which includes transit times, discount structures, etc.
- Recording of daily logs – shipping and receiving.
- Participation in the control of the inventory which includes basic computer skills.
- Knowledge to track and or expedite shipments..
- Quality control skills (product appearance, etc.)
- Interact with Customer Service
- Receiving of inbound stock and items for Yale Cordage, Inc.
- Interact with Finishing Department regarding product status
- Ability to run department effectively, in the absence of Supervisor
- When time warrants, a transference to another department to absorb any slack hours during a slow period
- Ability to lift 70 pounds repeatedly.
- Basic math skills.
- Full finger and hand dexterity.
- Command for QC standards for Yale Cordage, Inc.
- Strong, independent work habit.
- Good communication skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 10 PTO Days
- 401k with match
- Profit Sharing