Customer Service Representative
Location: Saco, ME
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
This position is responsible for communicating with customers prior to and/or after a sale. Develop and maintain positive customer relations and coordinate with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
– Answer incoming phone calls; greet visitors
– Data entry – process incoming purchase orders by means of telephone, email, fax or mail
– Support outside sales team and or certain customers.
– Assist with sending appropriate product literature and pricing to customer base
– Maintain knowledge products and general product selection recommendations.
– Review customer orders for accuracy – inform customers of unit price changes, scheduled shipping date, anticipated delays through manufacturing or any additional information needed
– Prepare quotations in a timely manner
– Record electronic copy of orders received and quotations prepared
– Address customer concerns by consulting with sales, production, shipping or other departments required to answer customer within a timely manner
– Assist sales team with customer requests as needed
– Adhere to safety policies of Yale Cordage, Inc.
– Other duties as assigned
– Phone experience
– Two-year business degree; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
– Proficient in MS Office-specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
– Familiarity with or ability to learn and utilize “Hub-Spot,” our Sales and Marketing software, as well as the company’s ERP system to perform inventory searches
– Excellent oral/written communication skills
– Organized and pays close attention to detail
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.