Director of Marketing
Location: Saco, ME or Salisbury, NC
The Director of Marketing drives profitable revenue growth for the company in all sales channels and market segments. This is enabled by creating an effective marketing strategy (brand, marketing, product, pricing) and leading crisp execution.
The position reports to the VP, Sales and Marketing and has direct responsibility for the Marketing function.
Essential Job Functions:
The duties and responsibilities of the Director of Marketing will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Increase revenue and market share for all targeted customer groups and sales channels, constantly improving commercial effectiveness
- Know and understand all competitive and customer dynamics in the market and counsel the organization on how best to position Yale for profitable growth
- Quickly identify changing customer requirements and follow through with corresponding strategies
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and product strategy aligned with and supporting the Yale Value Creation Plan
- Create, develop, and execute marketing campaigns and effective sales tools to increase brand awareness, create product demand and drive revenue and profit growth
- Ensure the sales forecast is properly supported by marketing initiatives
- Drive the strategic pricing of products to maximize profitability and ensure any promotions are used strategically
- Drive the product/service strategy and portfolio build including the new product/service roadmap
- Drive the development and implementation of go-to-market plans for new products/services and monitor post launch performance ensuring goals are met
- Provide leadership by promoting team concepts, diversity, coaching, counseling, mentoring, training, talent/succession management, and individual development
- Promote and encourage the development of people to ensure leadership continuity
- Review and reward employees using the Yale Performance Appraisal System to ensure they are consistently and competitively paid for attainment of results
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ten (10) years of marketing experience including leadership, with a background in marketing to direct and distribution customers, preferably in an industrial market
- Experience as a marketer or product manager with a proven track record of driving demand and market share gains using effective marketing strategies and campaigns and new product development, preferably with industrial products
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving with an ability to determine solutions for customers
- Advanced profit & loss / budget knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of management and marketing principles, proposal development; contract negotiations.
- Led cross-functional teams, management of complex projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through others typically acquired through experience including prior leadership roles
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to all levels in an organization
Education: BS or BA in related field required with Sales, Marketing or Entrepreneurship. Advanced Business degree preferred.
Computer Skills: Advanced in Microsoft Office Skills and SalesForce.com or similar tools
Organization Skills: Excellent organizational, ability to multi-tasking and shift priorities as needed
Cross-functional skills: Ability to work well cross-functionally with all business functions; provides excellent internal and external customer service
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information; advanced presentation skills; strong project management skills
Problem Solving Skills: Good problem-solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions
Travel: The ability to travel domestically and internationally. Travel estimated at 30% of the time.
- Marketing team
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.