Location: Saco, ME
Reports to: VP – Operations
Lean Engineer is a Lean practitioner with an eye toward continuous improvement and safety. Views complex processes and problems and communicates them in simple understandable terms. Uses analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct root cause analysis and implement solutions. Lean Engineer will interact with employees, department heads and varying levels within the organization. Process Mapping and Documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
– Apply Lean tools and processes, such as Kaizen, 5S, Standardized work, 7 Ways, 3P, Poka-Yoke, and material and information flow design.
– Ability to build and promote organizational change management initiatives focused on positive relationships, building an idea/problem-solving culture.
– Vision and boldness to pursue big ideas, encourage smart experimentation.
– Simplify complex matters to communicate in an easily understood, simple, clear format.
– Excellent analytical, root cause analysis, and problem-solving skills.
– Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Textiles Engineering or other related field.
– Proven ability to conduct root cause analysis, and process improvements.
– 1-3 years’ experience as Lean practitioner.
– Experience leading teams such as Kaizen or Rapid Improvement events
– Ability to travel and attend conferences.
– Experience with Microsoft Office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.