Rope Production - Machine Operators - Saco, ME
Location: Saco, ME
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Summary: The Machine Operator performs production steps associated with operating twisting, winding, and/or braiding machines
Salary & Hours:
1st Shift — 7:00am to 3:30pm — $18/hr
2nd Shift — 3:15pm to 11:45pm — $18/hr (plus $1 differential)
New 3rd Shift — 11:00pm to 7:00am — $18/hr (plus $1.50 differential)
Essential Job Functions:
– Operates all twisting, winding, and braiding machines
– Utilizes a computer to retrieve and follow an electronic schedule on a daily basis
– Maintain a clean and safe work environment by following 6S standards
– Operate the machine according to specific process documentation
– Follow instructions and complete tasks independently
– Identify problems with products and/or machinery and report them immediately
– Maintain records to ensure inventory and production schedules are accurate and up to date
– Perform basic preventative machine maintenance (PM), adhering to machine specific schedules
– Perform quality control functions by inspecting, identifying and reporting variances in yarn quality
– Other duties as assigned
– Previous experience in manufacturing environment a plus
– Demonstrated mechanical and computer aptitude a plus
– Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. repeatedly
– Ability to bend, stand, kneel, twist, pull and work overhead
– Ability to stand for long periods of time
– Ability to follow detailed operating instructions and perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
– Knowledge of Company quality assurance expectations and packaging requirements
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job; the employee regularly and for sustained periods is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift, carry and/or position heavy objects up to 70 lbs., utilizing proper body mechanics and techniques.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.