Rig Shop Supervisor
Location: Saco, ME
Salary: $50 – $56K
The Rig Shop Supervisor oversees Yale Cordage Rigging and Finishing Departments, including outside splicer fabrications, Hanking, and Packing. This position is responsible for quality and quantity assurance of Yale Cordage products, inventory and labeling of finished products. the supervisor will review sales orders against planned orders and delegate tasks to the fabricators. The supervisor will be responsible for reporting accurate forecasts of when finished goods will be in stock and when we can expect work in progress to be completed.
Essential Job Functions:
– Read and analyze work orders, Bills of material, production schedules as well as other production reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
– Utilize software programs (Microsoft Office, ERP, and Smart Sheet)
– Obtain Yale splicer certifications to successfully provide supervision of rigging activities.
– Plan workloads, assign tasks, and monitor progress against targets.
– Provide regular production updates and attend production meetings.
– Provide Production Manager with detailed reporting of current priorities and WIP.
– Forecast/predict weekly production output.
– Expedite high priority items (Yale grips, Loups, Fortis Slings, etc.)
– Work with engineering and the test lab to make sure all splicers’ certifications are up to date and regular break samples are being pulled for testing.
– Oversee Maxi-flip production cell and any future production cells associated with the rigging dept.
– Meet production expectations, based on lead times, labor available and sales order priorities.
– Brief your team on new initiatives, changes to targets and company news.
– Train and help staff reach their professional development goals.
– Ensure that quality standards are upheld and complete regular spot checks on work in progress or finished goods.
– Follow and enforce Yale Cordage safety standards and policies.
– Participate in evaluating and conducting performance reviews of fabricators
– Confer with management and employees to resolve employee problems, concerns, or grievances.
– Recommend or implement measures to motivate fabricators and improve production processes, product quality and efficiency.
– 1-3 years supervisory experience.
– Strong communication skills; verbal and written.
– Mechanical aptitude required.
– Experience working with rope would be a plus.
– Working knowledge of basic splicing technique.
– Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
– Ability to bend, stand, pull, reach, and full dexterity of your fingers.
– Must be able to lift at least 50lbs repeatedly.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.