Human Resources Administrator
Location: Aston, PA – I&I Sling Location
Department: Human Resources Administrator
About the job
At Yale Cordage (I&I Sling, Aston PA Location), we’re a vibrant community of professionals committed to making a positive impact in the Rope and overhead lifting Industries. We’re seeking a meticulous and dedicated Payroll, HRIS, and Benefits Administrator to be a cornerstone of our workforce operations. If you thrive on precision, innovation, and creating an exceptional employee experience, we want you to be part of our team.
- Perform and actively manage all activities necessary to process multi-state and multi-schedule payroll in accordance with the company’s pay schedule(s) using two platforms.
- Serve as the main resource for employees and managers regarding all payroll polices, benefits, employee records and timekeeping matters.
- Assist with Recruitment and onboarding of new employees, training employees and supervisors on best practices for utilizing the Time and Attendance, Talent Acquisition, Benefits Enrollment, Employee Self Service and Performance Management modules within the HRIS system.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state payroll tax regulations, and related employment laws.
- Respond to and resolve payroll tax issues and ensure adequate tax registration and correct tax rates are paid.
- File tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, process involuntary deductions such as garnishments, prepare accounting transactions and documents, document, and update procedures.
- Assist Accounting on 401k audits.
- Develop internal operating procedures and controls for the processing of payroll, HRIS Mgmt & Benefits.
- Actively manage our internal databases and maintain employee records in digital formats to include updates to related-employee records, reflective of any changes in employment such as promotions, increases, benefits deductions, etc., in accordance with the company’s record retention policies and procedures and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Manage vendor relationship with payroll/HRIS and benefits providers including customizations, billing reconciliation, support requests, etc.
- Manage projects for payroll/HRIS activities of current business, as well as any acquisitions; includes integration of newly acquired businesses and employees, set-up of new employees and locations for accurate tax reporting and reconciliation of taxes as required by asset acquisitions.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Support the annual open enrollment process and roll-out of new or mandated benefits related communication (may require travelling to one or more of our 8 sites).
- Create a culture of continuous improvement; initiate, recommend and lead improvement projects throughout the year to align payroll & HRIS strategies with overall business objectives working cross-functionally with supervisors, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Represent organization at employment-related hearings (unemployment, workers’ compensation).
- Communicate actively with Accounting, Finance, Operations, HR and other departments to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Expertise: Associate degree with 3+ years in multi-state payroll processing, intricate tax setups, and reconciliations.
- Tech Proficiency: HRIS system experience, preferably Kronos/UKG Ready, demonstrating adaptability to change.
- Detail-Oriented: A keen eye for detail in complex scenarios, from payroll intricacies to benefits nuances.
- Effective Communication: Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills for seamless collaboration.
- Excel Mastery: Proficient in MS Excel for analytical and organizational excellence.
- Empathetic Professionalism: Handling sensitive matters with empathy and discretion.
- Collaborative Enthusiasm: Thriving in fast-paced environments and diverse team dynamics.
- Benefits Knowledge (Bonus): While not essential, prior experience in employee benefits administration is a plus.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.