Regional Sales Manager
Location: Texas/Gulf/Louisiana – US Region
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for the assigned sales region within the Yale Cordage brand business. The main products this Regional Sales leader manages are Yale Cordage’s synthetic rope products and associated products and Slingmax brand heavy lift products. This is done by thoroughly understanding market dynamics and developing strong customer relationships properly positioning our sales effort, with all commercial activities aligned with and supporting the Yale Cordage revenue growth plans. The position directly reports to Yale Cordage’s Vice President, Sales and has dotted line reporting to the Slingmax VP, Sales.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to the safety policies of Yale Cordage, Inc.
- Increase revenue and market share for all targeted customer groups, channels and geographies, and constantly improve sales efficiency in the assigned Region
- Develop a comprehensive, market-back sales strategy and set the strategic direction for the target sales channels and geographies in the assigned region, aligned with and supporting the Revenue Growth Plan and Yale Cordage brand strategy
- Know and understand all competitive and customer dynamics in the market and counsel Yale Cordage’s VP Sales and Slingmax VP Sales on how best to position both brands for profitable growth
- Establish and maintain consistent direct contact with customers in the assigned region
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of account plans for Distributors, OEMs, and VARs for the business; ensure alignment with Yale Cordage and Slingmax market-back sales goals and strategy
- Coach and develop the assigned Distributors’ sales team to improve our product sales over the competition, enable assigned Distributors, Value Added Distributors and potential regional OEMs to achieve sales targets within established profit guidelines
- Utilize a disciplined approach to coordinate sales with accounting/finance, product planning, and operations to meet customer expectations and Yale Cordage and Slingmax profitability expectations
- Forecast sales and ensure the sales forecast aligns with operational requirements and capabilities
- Understand and promote product applications across all existing and new technologies
- Quickly identify changing customer requirements and follow through with corresponding sales strategy changes
- Provide counsel to Yale Cordage VP Sales and advise / consult with the Slingmax VP Sales on how best to leverage the diversified portfolio
- Contribute to rolling out, implementation and conducting Distributor, VAR and regional OEMs Training Program developed and implemented by Marketing / Technical Sales Training
- Contribute to the Yale Cordage and Slingmax marketing plan developed and implemented by Marketing
- Contribute to the strategic pricing of products to maximize profitability
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service acumen
- Drive for results
- Analytical skills
- Action oriented
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized
- Decision Quality
- Instills trust
- Professional & pleasant demeanor
- Team player
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS or BA in related field required with Finance, Sales, Marketing or Entrepreneurship preferred
- Ten (10) years of sales and sales leadership within a medium to large company selling into Distribution, Value Added Resellers and Original Equipment Manufacturer markets
- Progressively responsible experience in the field of Sales with advanced industrial products knowledge
- Background in selling and providing solutions to distribution customers
- Able to negotiate within standard guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and exceed a monthly, quarterly, annual sales plan
- Intermediate profit & loss/budget knowledge
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, managing basic-intermediate projects with internal and external stakeholders; managing external partners
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, industry practices, company and competitor products, technology and service capabilities; proposal development; contract negotiations; and program management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and persuasively present business information
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Skills and HubSpot CRM or similar tools
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
- Able to work well cross-functionally with all business functions; provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent written and verbal skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information; advanced presentation skills; strong project management skills
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions
- Able to travel domestically and internationally. Travel is estimated at 70% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.