Human Resources Generalist
Location: Saco, ME
The Senior Buyer/Planner plans and purchases the raw materials that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. This position will be responsible for determining sourcing options, performing cost analysis, understanding supplier capabilities, and managing their performance against Yale metrics. Assume full responsibility for planning requirements and supply chain management to ensure timely (scheduled) deliveries of goods.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working in a dynamic environment. They will possess the ability to successfully interface with multidisciplinary teams and build strong cross functional relationships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure a steady supply of raw materials and hardware to meet production schedule requirements.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor inventory needs to meet the production requirements using techniques like JIT, Kanban, VMI and replenishment or continuous replenishment programs.
- Provide regular forecasts to suppliers to ensure long-term supply.
- Generate Purchase Orders, track and manage open orders.
- Set up and maintain material, supplier and planning system data in the MRP/ERP system.
- Proactively identify and mitigate any potential supply interruptions and escalate as appropriate.
- Establish goals and objectives that support the department and company objectives.
- Work with receiving, finance and suppliers to reconcile discrepancies in receiving and invoicing.
- Develop, implement, and support sourcing and supplier management initiatives.
- Negotiate pricing, delivery, lead-time etc. with suppliers.
- Report and escalate material supply issues and constraints including root cause analysis with preventive actions, and leading resolution and, or building mitigation plans.
- Provide tracking and analysis reports regarding dept KPIs, customer packaging returns (recycle program) etc.
- Support Safety and EHS activities and initiatives.
- Support Lean activities and initiatives.
- Conduct business using appropriate judgement, maintaining high standard of work behavior. Refrain from soliciting or accepting gifts, prejudicial discounts, entertainment favors or service from present or potential suppliers that might influence or appear to influence purchasing decisions.
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, procurement, or business administration, or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in planning or procurement, in a manufacturing setting
- Expertise in inventory systems and supply planning
- Advanced knowledge of MRP/ERP systems. (APTEAN, SAP, ORACLE…)
- Proficiency in using and implementing planning tools including Excel data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- High degree of customer focus (internal/external) and collaboration in a team environment.
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Attention-to-detail, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Critical thinker with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- APIC/CPIM certifications are strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills necessary to communicate and work effectively and build professional relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Strong empathy skills with ability to defuse sensitive or contentious employee issues and concerns
- Skilled multi-tasker, able to function effectively and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment often under tight time constraints; prioritize, and consistently meet strict deadlines,
- Proficient in internet research and MS Office Suite software
- Strong organizational / time management skills, with attention to detail
- Goal oriented self-starter who takes initiative and acts appropriately in various circumstances without direction
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.